Posts from November 2012

proof.

November 29, 2012

sometimes, but very rarely, there are moments when i’m reminded of of my teenage-hood. and it was good.

proof:

and, just for a moment, i’m 14. (don’t ever want to be again. but the music was soso much better.) also, dave.

 

i never thought that i had a desert island list, but every morning, when i crack open my arsenal of colour and cream, i realize that roughly 93% of it goes unused, while the other 7% goes quicker than most people’s morning coffee. and though i don’t wear much on a day to day, catch me without a flick of liquid liner, and a swipe of the previously mentioned lipgloss, and you’ve probably caught me running from some hired guns.

and it’s my liquid liner that’s made me come to this place – as i shake and click every last bit of ink out of that pen, i know now that it’s the only one for me. and i’ve given myself raccoon eyes with all the usual, (and spendy!) suspects. chanel, ysl, shu uemura; they pale in comparison to the one who has the apple of my eye, and i won’t go hoarding it, lest you find yourself needing to impress your very own marooned wilson*.

geisha ink’s 24-hour, smudge-free waterproof formula goes on like a dream, even if you lack a surgeon’s steady hand. it doesn’t feather or flake, and the colour dries matte, the colour saturated. i’ve never veered from blackest black, but i hear the brown liner is just as terrific.

bottom line? i’ve wasted a LOT of cash trying all the others so you don’t have to; this is the one to beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*(cohesiveness is not my strong suit. please follow along, if you can, as my  mind twists & turns! it’s exciting in here!)

“how do you catch a cloud and pin it down?”

pinned as of late:


→ source : 3.1 philip lim 31 second pouch lagarconne via bianca on pinterest

→ source : YMC moon boot via bianca on pinterest

→ source : kora vase by studiopepe via jessica goldfond via pinterest

→ source : small duffel by clare vivier via bianca via pinterest

 

i’m a snob. and i have no qualms admitting that little truth.

i like the things that i like, and am as stubborn as the star-sign that rules my house, (or moon, or sun, or whatever galactic thing it rules). so, that charming bullishness frosts itself over most of the products i choose and continue to use. whether it’s quality or aesthetic, one never really can say, but i am pretty hard to sway. you’d think admitting this would make it hard for me to concede that i just might be wrong about something, and although i’d rather not eat crow, (sriracha can’t even cover up that bitter taste), i am a big enough person to say, well, you know – i’ve changed my mind. just a little bit.

what might i have been just a little bit wrong about? my complete disregard for all things clinique. don’t get me wrong, i’m not stockpiling creams and hoarding toners, but i am saying that in my search for the perfect pout – for that elusive balm that is neither lipstick nor gloss, but a happy melding of the two, their chubby sticks might be the closest i’ve come to what they call ‘MLBB’, (or ‘my lips but better’, thank you @ccath!)

they’re sheer, they moisturize, aren’t gummy or sticky, and they’ve got a gamut of great, wearable colours.

so. herein ends my confession and my gushing over these gloss/balm sticks. they’re great. trust.

/end/

 

hey.wearthistothat.

November 19, 2012

this scans as totally normal in my oddball head:

 

hey, wear this to that. (for reference, this shark is wearing jil sander, because… sure.)

 

 

 

A Wee Bit All rights reserved
Design by Ana Degenaar + Development by Brandi Bernoskie